Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Bolton: The Most UN-wise Choice for the UN

I've stayed out of the John Bolton for Ambassador to the UN fight. I mean, what do I really know about international politics? Finally I realize though, what the hell do I have to know about international politics when I know common sense?
You've probably heard the quotes from John Bolton, regarding the UN: "There's no such thing as the United Nations," John Bolton declared in 1994. ''If the U.N. secretary building in New York lost 10 stories, it wouldn't make a bit of difference.''
And this is the guy we're wanting to send to that building to represent us? Common sense tells me that if I work in the UN representing my foreign country, or even if I work there as a US citizen, Bolton probably despises me just because that's what I do.
North Korea has called him a "human scum and bloodsucker."Allright. So you tell me: with North Korea factoring huge in our future as an alleged member of the Axis of Evil, how smart is it to have as your UN Representative someone who has earned such richly descriptive titles from them? Doesn't common sense tell you we ought to have someone who's not openly despised by one of our chief enemies?And in this article it's revealed that Bolton is a serial abuser, in terms of his management style. Here, common sense tells me that the UN is supposed to be all about diplomacy, and we're looking to send a management-through-intimidation serial abuser to the UN?
Diplomacy. That word seems to have little meaning to Bolton. Here's one of www.dictionary.com's definitions of the word: "Tact and skill in dealing with people." Sound like John Bolton to you?
Once again, these people calling the shots in DC are calling almost all the wrong ones. Could anything be more clear?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home