Sunday, April 24, 2005

Justice Sunday?

Frist Draws Criticism From Some Church Leaders
Justice Sunday my Aunt Fanny! To attempt to portray those of us who disagree with Republicans and their impending theocracy as non-religious is wrong. My Episcopalian soul recoils. I am proud to be a person who believes in Jesus' teachings. However, I believe in the Christian values that Jesus taught, including taking care of the poor, the needy, the sick, and those who society has cast out. I certainly do not see those values in policies put forth by Republicans.
To put on such a "show" just highlights the hypocrisy of the Republican party.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, I love that 'tude, P.G.! You are one fiery lass. Your sentiments are right on the money. I'm not a Christian myself, but I know plenty of people who possess TRUE Christian values, and these folks involved in "Justice Sunday" just don't just don't have 'em. Keep up the good work.

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry. When they're done, you'll be a sun worshipper whether you like it or not. I thought theocracy rule was over since Christ came, but these folks seem to want to bring it back with a vengeance.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home