Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Saga of Miss Kitty

I have been terribly distraught at the devastation left in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, but the one facet of the story that starts me crying every time is the predicament of all the pets that are being abandoned because the rescuers won't let them go with their owners (their moms and dads). I find this to be horribly heart rending, because the owners not only are already stressed beyond belief, but now they must make a type of "Sophie's Choice." Either they get in the boat without their beloved animals, or they stay behind and run the risk of dying. Gee, what a choice! Being the mother of five animals, I have already promised them all that I would stay with them and die if I had to. I just COULD NOT leave them! Now on to Miss Kitty.


You may have seen the story of the man whose cat woke him up and basically helped him save himself. He clutched his precious kitty for three days while the flooding continued. When he was finally rescued, he was told he had to leave Miss Kitty behind. His dear friend, for God's sake! Many people took this story to heart and began hunting for Miss Kitty. Go to this link to read the rest of the story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home