Sunday, November 20, 2005

"Cooler than Malkovich"

Several years ago I saw a John Cusack for President website, followed it for a while, then lost it. I suppose it was tongue in cheek, not really serious; my thoughts at the time were more 'Paul Newman for President'. But about a week ago I read a blog on the HuffingtonPost by the actor and tried to imagine "W" writing anything comparable, and failed miserably. So I googled Cusack for President and found an old BBC article that made me think: "Why Not"?.
The old Cusack site gave four reasons why he should be president: "He made the tough decisions in Grosse Pointe Blank. He couldn't be bought in Eight Men Out. He's cooler than John Malkovich. And we like his politics so far." I'm not a huge movie fan, but I'll bet his more recent roles have proven him even better presidential material.
Knowing that I will jump from candidate to candidate between now and the 2008 elections, today I say, John Cusack for President!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home