Thursday, March 16, 2006

How to Celebrate a 3rd Anniversary: PROTEST!

As most of you probably know, this weekend will mark the 3rd Anniversary of our invasion of Iraq. Many of us railed against it before the invasion, and in fact marched in Boerne's anti-war protest. I take no pride in noting that things have turned out even worse than I expected.

My suggestion about marking the 3rd Anniversary: Drive to Austin and attend the anti-war protest there. Never done that kind of thing? That's a great reason in and of itself! You've always said you live in a free country, but how do you really know?

I've been to several now, including the big one last September in Washington DC. Being from a hard core conservative part of the state, it's really great to be in the midst of thousands of people who feel like you do. My family is going, as well as progressive grannie and several others. While our car is full, I suspect a place could be found for you somehow if you want to go. E-mail us at kendallcountydems@yahoo.com and maybe we can help.

Details:
11:30 Saturday March 18
Meet at 8th and San Jacinto in downtown Austin
It's about a 9-block walk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home