Sunday, May 07, 2006

Try this, it's better than a magnet

This was prompted by an email I recieved showing a bogus US Army patch and those gut wrenching pictures of soldiers that just begs for support of our troops.
This is what I sent in return.....

As a US Army Veteran, I was offended by the doctored patch in the photo. However, I know it was sent out of concern for the plight of our soldiers.
So,thought I would send information on ways to help our military in a seriously real way. It is better than magnets on your car or emails with soldiers' pictures. Give your time and your money. Sacrifice for those who have sacrificed for you. I suggest you donate your dollars to:

USO

Operation Helmet which buys helmet liners for Marines, the US government buys liners for the US Army but not the Marines. The liners help prevent closed head injuries from bomb blasts (IED's)

Fisher House where wounded soldiers and their families stay for treatment of their long term war injuries

Food for Marines who are going hungry
collected by the Greenwood Credit Union in Warwick, R.I.

Intrepid Fallne Heroes Fund

Or donate your time to your local VA medical center.

If a unit in your area has been deployed, call them and ask where you can send care packages. We have sent boxes and boxes of stuff, all of which was well received. I may be an activist and march for peace, but I put my money where my mouth is, and support the troops actively. I hope you will consider doing the same.

In addition, if you know of others who are unaware of how to support the troops, please send these links on to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home