Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Thoughts

I just read the Wilson/Plame editorial in the Huffingtonpost, and am outraged yet again over this whole thing. While I have plenty of things to be thankful for--my health, my marriage, my child, my work--I really can't let this holiday go by marking what I'm NOT thankful for. I'm not thankful that our press has become so complacent, and by omission, conspiratorial in the treasonous compromise of our nation's security. An exerpt follows from their editorial.

"With the exception of MSNBC's Keith Olbermann, Chris Matthews, and the intrepid David Shuster, the mainstream media would have you believe that McClellan's revelation is old news. "Now back to Aruba and the two-year old disappearance of a blond teenager." But treason is not old news. The Washington press corps, whose pretension is to report and interpret events objectively, has been compromised in this matter as evidence presented in the courtroom demonstrated. Prominent journalists acted as witting agents of Rove, Libby and Armitage and covered up this serious breach of U.S. national security rather than doing their duty as journalists to report it to the public."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home