Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thoughts as I get ready to brine my turkey

Health care, .... not so much. More troops in Afghanistan....likely. Turkey for Thanksgiving....very likely. One question before I start cooking....why are we in Afghanistan and for what purpose and what is the end game?

If we can't answer those questions, it's time to come home. And why aren't the troops back from Iraq yet? Oh, wait, I have neighbors who are working for military contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan, and they are making shitloads of money to send their kids to college, I guess. So, it's better to pay civilian contractors (the greedy SOB's who steal my tax dollars) to make money in US war zones....again, for what ultimate purpose? Greed? Power? Sigh. President Eisenhower was right.

Will they brine the turkeys they serve our troops? Will they be served with love or with greed? I vote greed.

Bring our sons, daughters, nephews, nieces, fathers, mothers, etc.home NOW.

I hope our military service members have a lovely Thanksgiving day and I hope to be able to give thanks again, when they are home.

My nephew will be there soon enough, and selfishly we pray for his safety.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home