Saturday, March 05, 2005

Bad Ending instead of Joyous Celebration

This story just makes me shake my head in frustration! I hope the Italian people can forgive us for this.

"From the hospital, Giuliana Sgrena told Rai News 24 by telephone that "we thought the danger was over after my rescue."

"And instead, suddenly there was this shooting. We were hit by a spray of fire," she told the television network. "I was talking to Nicola ... when he leaned over me, probably to defend me, and then he slumped over. That was a truly terrible thing."

1 Comments:

Blogger progressivegrannie said...

This is absolutely horrible. But, even worse, the lack of communication that was obviously the cause of it. The soldiers who fired upon the vehicle obviously were not informed, but they, not their commanders will be the ones that get the blame.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home