Thursday, December 15, 2005

A Witness to a Wondrous Event

Hey, I'm still in the Big Apple (actually New Jersey) and I'm having a wonderful time. I just witnessed something so moving tonight that it made me cry. A friend of mine, who used to be a Catholic priest, had to leave the Catholic Church because he's gay. For several years he's been with a wonderfully liberal Episcopal Church in New Jersey, but he wasn't allowed to be called a priest--until tonight. I was fortunate to be present during his acceptance as a priest in the Episcopal Church. I'm not a religious person, but I was truly moved tonight. Everyone not only knew he was gay, but they actually referred to churches that didn't accept ALL people, as shameful. I was proud to be among people who obviously loved my friend for his ministry, and they didn't judge him at all. It's cool to know there are Christians out there who are still preaching love and acceptance, and not hatred and bigotry.

1 Comments:

Blogger progressivegrannie said...

I am so happy for this new priest! Please send him my best wishes and prayers that he find joy in his work. We Episcopalians need priests just like him.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home