Saturday, June 24, 2006

Cut-and-Runner, and Damned Proud of It!

They say that we Democrats are cut-and-runners, and at first I tried real hard to be offended by this latest epithet, but then I realized, hey, I like being a cut-and-runner! Why? Because I know that I'm right when I feel this war is a steep cliff we're all heading over. I just wanna cut to the side and run the other way. Is it wrong to want to avoid doing the dumbest thing in the world? Those ignorant, arrogant draft dodgers up in Washington think it's just fine to be idiots. Let them. At the end of the day, I KNOW that we're completely right in our belief that this war is a futile endeavor. So, are there any other proud cut-and-runners out there?

1 Comments:

Blogger VTexan said...

There are phrases in this world which are, for reasons hard to determine, loaded. Cut and run is one of them.

But I invite you to look at the Iraq war more realistically: instead of some noble endeavor, see it as I do. As a meat machine. We have well over than 100,000 troops lined up and one by one they're heading into the meat machine, to be killed or maimed.

There is no clear reason for being there. There is no real and measureable sustained progress to our being there. There is no enumerated policy for our leaving Iraq to the Iraqis.

I don't give one bowel movement to right wing nutjobs' perception of the phrase cut-n-run, I will proudly stand up and say that NOT cutting and running from one of the single stupidest mistakes this country's made is compounding that stupid mistakes with yet another.

Being steadfast on stupid policy isn't being steadfast. It's called being an idiot.

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home