Monday, October 27, 2008

Land of the Free...if you agree with ME!


This is the front yard of a friend of mine here in McCain/Palin-land (Texas). Like me, she's had her Obama/Biden sign stolen. More than once. In fact, when my wife told me about this family's stolen signs, she told me about the above sign, so we drove by to take a picture of it. Whoops. It too had been stolen!
That was last week. Today I drove by and noticed she'd replaced the replacement of her replacement sign.
To me, this is one of the most angering parts of politics in a place that's heavily one side or the other. I'm sure there are McCainiacs in Blue States whose signs have been stolen or defaced. I hate that. I mean...I really hate that. Do Americans really believe in freedom of speech? Then why do they have such a hard time allowing others their opinion?

2 Comments:

Blogger AnnPW said...

I am flanked on all sides by McCain/Palin signs on my street and my two Obama/Biden signs have lasted a week each time. I also have two nearby neighbors (on my street) whose Obama/Biden signs were stolen at the same time mine were - I noticed that one had replaced his already. I can't get angry about this, it's too stupid! As I told the worker at the party HQ on Saturday, don't those fools realize that every time they steal a sign, more money gets donated to Obama when we go out and buy another one???

10:39 AM  
Blogger progressivegrannie said...

I love her creative solution. It's too bad that people are just so horrible. But then when the right is foaming at the mouth and promoting hatred what can we expect?

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home