Monday, May 30, 2005

There, but for the grace of God

I am so fortunate that my child is a girl. I am so fortunate we are not so poor that we see the military as a way out of our circumstances. I am so fortunate that my husband and my daughter have not been sucked into the "passionate" rhetoric of this administration and its minions. I am so fortunate that I got to wish my daughter a happy birthday in person:
Dear Friends,

26 years ago today, Casey was 6 hours and 49 minutes old. What a joyful day that day was. The birth of our firstborn. He was so wanted and his birth was so highly anticipated. A true bundle of joy.

One year, one month, and 25 days ago (almost to the minute) George Bush and his Crime Cabal killed Casey in Sadr City. One of them, perhaps Condi, Rummy, Bremer, or Cheney, might as well have pulled the trigger that blew off the back of Casey's sweet head.

Hey folks, on this Memorial Day we should not forget the soldiers, but we must also keep in our thoughts those who will never get to be with their children again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home