Friday, June 09, 2006

More Live Blogging


As you know, the most recent blog is on top, so you can see earlier posts below. We're in the middle of the main session of the convention, and it's really very exciting! In the middle of the Pledge of Allegiance a war protester started yelling out that war is terror (duh!). It made many people angry, and all I could think of is, "We all feel the same way, so why interrupt the convention to say something about it?" We've just seen a video of many Democratic state legislators. It was very inspiring. Our main speaker is Wesley Clark. I can't wait!

I should have mentioned earlier that the Kendall County Area Democratic Women hosted a great booth today. They were selling the sterling silver donkeys designed by James Avery, a cute little book called "Why My Mommy is a Democrat," and finally, a brochure listing all the companies that donated money to the Democratic Party, along with a blue wristband. Many ladies helped out: Gwen King, Cindy Offutt, Carla Mercado, Crystal (I feel bad, I don't know her last name), Phyllis Crockett and Carol Carpenter. Well done, ladies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home