Saturday, June 10, 2006

Tired, Inspired and a Little Embarrassed

After getting results from not one but two sources that Boyd Richie had around 55% of the vote--he needed 51% to claim victory--I took my exhausted self from the convention at about 3:40 this afternoon and headed home. The muffin I'd had for breakfast had long since stopped supplying me with energy and I was definitely ready for some lunch.

Now that I'm home I find there actually was a second vote needed for Richie to secure more than 50%. My apologies to my Kendall county delegation for leaving before it was a done deal. My presence there wouldn't have made a difference, as my choice, Glen Maxey, lost by far more than my vote.

I had a great time at my first state Democratic Convention. I hope to blog about it quite a bit in the next couple of days...the good, the less-than-good, and maybe even the ugly. Much to process, much to share. Once Progressivegrannie gets back in town I'm sure she'll share her thoughts, as will Madmomma.

You should know that the Kendall County Democrats were well-represented, and most prominently by the Womens' club booth, which got a lot of business, and a lot of visitors. I'll bet there are quite a few folks who had never heard of Kendall County, but who now have a very good impression of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home