Tuesday, November 04, 2008

It's Obama in a landslide (fine print below)

(fine print)
In Dixville Notch, New Hampshire, Obama/Biden beat McCain/Wackjob by a vote of 21-15.

"No biggie" you say. "New Hampshire's one of those lefty New England states. It's no surprise they'd go Obama."

Then how do you explain that the last time Dixville Notch went Democratic was with Hubert Humphrey? That's right, they voted Bush in a big way in 2000 and 2004.

While the town is hardly a bellweather for how the rest of the country will vote, it's hardly insignificant that they would vote Obama in a landslide. As I'm up early to go put signs in the ground at the Welfare School House--my polling station--I'm praying for that result. I can report that Obama gets 100% of my household, right on down to my daughter. This is her first non-primary voting experience, and I'm hoping it will be as meaningful for her as it will be for the future of this country!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home